Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So far, not off to a good start...

Well, if the beginning of this week is any indication, the rest of the week is gonna be a little left of center.

On motzei shabbos, to start things off, my father called me up and told me to throw out one of my credit cards. Apparently, somehow the card number was swiped by somebody, and they tried to make several ATM withdrawals in London, of all places. Luckily, the security alert rejected the thiefs' attempts, and my dad was able to cancel the card before serious damage was done. Of course, that left me without one method of payment, and that has set me back several times this week. As a direct consequence of my losing that card, I cleaned myself out of my cash that night after buying food from places that only accepted either cash or Mastercard, which I no longer have, for the moment.

To make things a little worse, I returned to yeshiva that night. Way back when, I used to come back to yeshiva early to make a ganja getaway. I don't do that anymore ( for over a year now, people!), but I still like to come back early when no one is around. This way, I can sit in peace and quiet and work or read. Anyway, I had bought my food right before hitting the road, so I decided I would it in the dorm when I got back. As I was getting out of my car, I guess I wasn't holding the box right, and all my food came tumbling out into the mud. And it wouldn't wash off under the sink, either. Talk about a bummer.

On sunday, I accidentally erased my entire book. That is, all my work right up until where I had gotten up to before stepping out for a minute.

Thankfully, the first 25 chapters are backed up on a CD and they're printed out somewhere. The next five after that are also on a CD, but not where I can get to it soon enough. The most recent two and a half chapters, though, are gone. Unless my friend's data recovery software can pull it up, I'll have to write it all over again. I know, it's not as bad as it could have been, but when I first realized what i had done, I almost killed myself...

Anyway, I have a date tonight, so everybody can keep me in their prayers if they like. I'd be much obliged...

Originally posted Wednesday, 24 January 2007

No comments: