Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The first official post...

This is it.
The moment we've been waiting for.
This is the first official post on the new site, after a painstaking two months of switching all the relevant posts from the original site to here, for posterity's sake.
But let's look at the stats: The old site - not including the last post - had 135 posts. I switched over most of them, leaving out ones I felt were unimportant.
The old site, as of my last visit to the administration board, registered 33,937 hits to the site. that's an average of 45.13 a day, since April 9, 2005.
I know that that's no big feat in the grand scheme of things, especially in relation to the internet, but for this humble endeavor, I don't think that's so bad...
Now, most of my readers a presumed to be observant religious Jews. But hopefully, this has been stumbled upon by non religious Jews and gentiles, and hopefully, we ( and I say "we" because the readers are as an integral part of this as I am. Really. Your feedback counts!) have been able to make a good impression. Hopefully we've been able to do away with a misconception or two about Judaism in general, and specifically, observant Jews. Hopefully, we've been able to make a Kiddush Hashem to our brethren, both Jew and gentile.
And, hopefully they've gotten a laugh or two, from the funny stories, my neurosis, whatever.
Someone told me recently that they still read my blog ( you know who you are!) and they like it and all, but they miss the humor, that I've changed and the blog seems to be more focused. That may be true, that the blog has taken on a certain direction, with a certain goal in mind. But lost the humor? No way! It's still me, still the same Jewmaican20 as ever. I'm still a little bit nuerotic, a little bit psychotic, and a whole heck of a lot psychedelic!
Anyway, hopefully this new site will continue in the fine tradition ( um...), and we'll all grow.
Onward and upward!

5 comments:

doodlehead said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to a (hopefully) more dependable site. Glad u finally finished!

Reb Y. Brachfeld said...

i think looking at your old posts as they slowly got onto this site something did change and imho its for the good
may this new home be full of bracha.....

AS said...

Looking good so far!

the dreamer said...

looking forward to future posts...

Shmuel said...

Thanks, Doodlehead.
And Reb Y., that's kind of you. I'll post a link to your site soon, God willing...
J Blogmeister, thanks for the compliment. Come back soon!
Dreamer, I look forward to posting them!