Friday, May 25, 2007

Shavuos...

Arms are heavy, body spent
gazing at the rising sun
feeling something heaven sent
sense accomplishment, deeds are done

I sigh, not for I'm physically tired
and it's hard to stand up straight
alive, I am spiritually wired
and it has been worth the wait

Reaching a crescendo, in unity
the echo of the call abounds
I'm struck with sudden humility
as I reverberate with the sounds

The voice of my nation brings me to my feet
can't describe this amazing sensation
anticipation as we long to greet
and recieve this divine revelation

The praise we sing is super-climactic
I reach out and try to grasp ahold
it enfolds and engulfs me, as if automatic
as I relive the experience of old

Try and integrate it into my soul
to carry it with me all along
never in my life have I felt so whole
as my being burts into song...


Hope everybody had a wonderful Chag!

7 comments:

the dreamer said...

very nice.
didn't know you write poetry...

smb said...

beautiful

Shmuel said...

I used to a lot more when I was more depressed...
Now, I write prose and songs. If I'm inspired, I'll write the occasional poem, but a lot less nowadays...

Shmuel said...

Oh, and thanks, Lvnsm27

David_on_the_Lake said...

Beautiful poem..
No depression there.

Shmuel said...

Thanks David. This is actually one of the few upbeat poems that I've written. But hey, inspiration is inspiration, regardless of where it comes from, right?

Shoshana said...

Beautiful. I'm kinda in awe, actually. Glad you have such inspiration :)