Monday, September 24, 2007

Terminal Boredom...

I am trapped in the Ninth Circle of Hell, and it is Toronto Pearson International Airport.

It's currently 9:07 P.M. I arrived at this particular Terminal at 12:50 P.M.
I was told that once I entered, I could not go back out.

I thought they were kidding, to a degree. Little did I know how serious it is. Even when you're airborne - as I was - it seems this place throws a powerful glamour over everything. Twenty minutes after we took off, the plane suddenly turned around and headed back to the airport, due to a mysterious "mechanical malfunction".

The first six hours in this hole was bad, but now we have to sit here for several more hours?

Since the whole situation is FUBAR, it goes unsaid that our Kosher meals were lost in the confusion. The best that the heirarchy could do was give us a travel voucher with a whopping value of twelve dollars. Canadian dollars.
On top of all that, the vouchers are only good in the non-kosher restaurants, not the newstand that has food we can actually eat.

And, in keeping with these events, the pretty girl who I prayed would get the seat next to me? Yeah, she did. And she's getting married in a month. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I realized afterwards that she's a friend of mine's sister.

I'm hot. I'm smelly. I'm tired.

I could really use a cigarette...

It just keeps getting better and better.

10 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

oy. hope you make it out of there without too many effects of terminal boredom

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a gut gebencht Yohr a happy sweet year with health and wealth and lots of yiddish nachas!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love vacation? By the way, allways blame the travel agent.

Reb Y. Brachfeld said...

thanx for the update.
can't wait to see you in the holyland!

Anonymous said...

ummmmm y am i thinking of "the terminal"!!!!!

the dreamer said...

as my bro would say - sue!
:P

g'luck making it out!

the dreamer said...

you can always get a soda or beer...
:)

Shmuel said...

All is well. I'm in the Holy Land now, and very, very, tired.

the dreamer said...

i'll wave hello at birchas kohanim...
:)

hope you gain all you can from your stay!

fashionista cat in a zero gravity shoe-store said...

Hey yingele,

Hope you're enjoying yourself. :)