Friday, July 9, 2010

L'Kavod Shabbos Kodesh!

Some of my favorite Shabbos stories from Rebbe Shlomo for all of you to enjoy as you prepare for holy Shabbos!

    Get this widget |     Track details  | eSnips Social DNA    

Chatzkele L'Kavod Shabbos is one of my favorite stories of all time; this story is one of the original influences that inspired me to carefully say "L'Kavod Shabbos Kodesh" as I shop for our Shabbos needs, as well as for each individual food that I eat on Shabbos....

    Get this widget |     Track details  | eSnips Social DNA    

This story is especially significant for me, as I had the z'chus (merit) to meet Reb Shlomo Halberstam (the same Bobover Rebbe in the story. His yahrtzeit is this week, on Rosh Chodesh Av); he put tefillin on me for the first time. What a tzaddik! I have a story from that occasion, but I'll leave it for another time.
As for the story itself, I think it illustrates how a true righteous man prepares for Shabbos and interacts with others, regardless of their station in life...


    Get this widget |     Track details  | eSnips Social DNA    

Shabbos Candles is simply a beautiful story. It's poignant and gut-wrenching, and carries more weight this erev Shabbos for my family than usual. This is our first Shabbos home with the whole family; while we were at my in-laws, we only lit the prerequisite two candles for Shabbos - now that we're home, we can light candles for each family member...

Have a wonderful, restful, uplifting Shabbos...

No comments: