Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meditation: A Cognitive Perspective

Last semester, I had to write a twenty page research paper on any subject of my choosing, provided that it had something to do with Cognitive psychology. As long as there was enough research on the subject I chose, I could write on any topic.

As meditation is one of my interests, I decided to search for scientific data concerning the effects of meditation, in a physiological, psychological, and neurological sense. While there are preliminary studies being done, unfortunately there isn't really all that much research available. Nonetheless, I was able to find enough to squeeze the paper out, and I hope that more progress will be made in this area of work.

Here's a link to where I've posted my paper to GoogleDocs. Enjoy!

No comments: