Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thank God, we can now remove Gilad ben Aviva from our collective tehillim lists, as he is now home and safe!

I know that there were many who were vehemently opposed to the swap, for compelling reasons, but I don't want to focus on that. I would like to express my hope that this will indeed be the profound kiddush HaShem that it had the potential to be. We have just shown the world how precious one single life is to us as Jews - we are willing to make enormous sacrifice with tremendous risk to bring one of our own home.

Who is like Your nation Israel?

1 comment:

Baisvaad said...

I define kiddush/chillul Hashem if an act is in accordance with halacha. I am no posak by any stretch but i have heard the debate if the swamp was halachic - did we pay to steep of a prize from an halachic standpoint. After you settle that debate can you think about a kiddush Hashem.